Saturday 13 June 2009

Can't Drag Me To A Fashion Show

I've been going through my old files recently to try and make more space so I don't mess up my laptop. Most of my time has been spent looking at the fashion and editorials that I'd saved. I was surprised to see that I have not a single runway picture. However, there's millions from backstage at the show. 

I've decided that this is because backstage is simply the better advertising. I find that you can actually imagine yourselves in the collections if you see them being lived in. If the models look like they're having fun and laughing then surely you'll be having the same experience if you wear the clothes. 

I see why the runway is good as you do get to see the different angles and better detailing of the clothes but models seem so more like us when they're messing around.


Illionaire Runway

Illionaire Backstage

Do you see my point?

7 comments:

Annie said...

I definitely see your point - on the rodarte website, the pictures of the models backstage and getting ready makes me like the clothes so much more!

I'm going to paris on july first, until the twenty-ninth!

Annie said...

i'm actually going through this program called oxbridge academic programs for students in 9th-12th grade. i'm taking two classes and staying at a boarding school right by the louvre!

Robin Bailey said...

Oh, I completely agree.
The backstage is much more relieving in my opinion.

Robin
http://threadbearthoughts.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

so true!

Hadley said...

I love the backstage photos, probably for the same reason I like candid photos in general more than I like posed photos. the exciting part of photos is freezing a real moment in time...excellent post

Amelia said...

Backstage pictures are my favorite, too! So much more character than generic runway shots.

Mary Smith said...
This comment has been removed by the author.