Sunday 14 June 2009

Got Bruises On My Knees For You

I thought I would do a post to celebrate National Bike Week (Saturday 13th June - Sunday 21st June). This month's Glamour says: "a bike seem to be the hippest way to travel". I totally agree, it's faster than walking, better for the environment than driving, and much less tiring than running. 

I've been riding my bike a lot recently. It's definitely a lot of fun and keeps you fit. Cycling doesn't have to be all lycra and sweat. It's nice just to ride at a gentle pace and take in your surroundings and enjoy life. I personally am thinking about saving up for an adorable vintage bike. One with a little woven basket and a bell in an apple red or mint green colour.

I doubt I'll ever get round to getting a bike like this.

I've been seeing many pictures of celebrities who have got the cycling bug. From Duffy to Mary-Kate, everyone seems to be joining this new traveling trend.

Beyonce

Agyness

Today I went for a picnic in Richmond Park. It's a gorgeous place and there are so many paths and hidden places. They have bikes to hire or you can just bring your own. We saw lots of deer and sat by the lake. It was a lovely day but I only wish I hadn't fallen off my bike - it hurt :(

Pictures from: http://ridingpretty.blogspot.com/

9 comments:

Unknown said...

a. I love bicycling and you should get a vintage one.
b. i love your header, I rcently posted that editorial on my blog.
XOXOXO
Libby
http://fashionconfectionairy.weebly.com

Margaux said...

They do make cycling look good! I don't really care for bikes though!

Robin Bailey said...

Oh how fun!
I'm awful at biking though.

Oh and is that a Chairlift quote as the title?
I very much approve.

Robin
http://threadbearthoughts.blogspot.com/

yiqin; said...

Wow, they make me wish I can cycle@

Anonymous said...

Hello.
Love your blog!
Please check out my new blog shop:

http://selfindulgentshop.blogspot.com

xx

Anonymous said...

i love agy's old school bike with the basket!

Gabriela said...

biking is the best (although i am desperately bad at it and need someone to hold the bike for me as i get on) :) in my city, there's a service that lets you rent bikes for half an hour, an hour or the whole day. very convenient and very eco-conscious :)

G said...

I love Agyness' bike - the basket and tassles remind me of my childhood :)

Anonymous said...

Lovely post! Dropping by. Have a nice day!

p/s: We would like to invite all of you to join our blogging community which helps you to get more visitors to your blogs. It's totally free and you get the chance to meet other celebrity bloggers. Visit us at Social Blogger Community